By contributing financially to ALA, you can help ALA further its mission of identifying, developing and connecting Africa’s future leaders. We regularly run special fundraising campaigns and you can both pledge and donate safely and securely online below.
Donations made online to ALA are paid directly to African Leadership Foundation (ALF), a section 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in the United States, and as such, are eligible for a USA tax deduction.
For information on Section 18(A) tax-deductible donations in South Africa or for other ways to give, please read below.
PLEDGE & DONATE NOW:
Current Fundraising Campaigns
#ALAGivesBack is our Alumni giving campaign with some big goals! Read all about it here.
##SupportALA is our general fundraising campaign. How will donations to this campaign be used?
- A gift of up to $500 contributes to the operational costs of African Leadership Academy.
- A gift of $1,000 provides travel and visa costs for one of ALA’s young leaders, enabling him/her to begin a transformative leadership journey on our campus.
- A gift of $5,000 provides an internship and professional development opportunities for one of ALA’s graduates.
A gift of $10,000 provides a dormitory for two of ALA’s young leaders in the new Nelson Mandela Residence, and corresponding naming rights for the room.
- A gift of $30,000 provides sponsorship for a full-year for one of ALA’s young leaders to attend the Academy and includes tuition, room and board, visa costs, round-trip travel, medical insurance and university guidance.
Donations to ALA are tax deductible
- African Leadership Foundation, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States which serves to further the mission of ALA.
- African Leadership Academy is a Section 18A non-profit Public Benefit Organization in the Republic of South Africa.
How to Donate?
Secure Credit Card: We use FormStack and PayPal Payments Pro to capture and process Credit Card transactions safely and securely. Our platform allows for both once-off and recurring monthly donations via MasterCard, Visa, PayPal and American Express. Complete the Pledge form, and you will be taken to our secure Credit Card processing gateway.
Bank/Wire Transfer to African Leadership Academy (South Africa): African Leadership Academy accepts funds through Standard Bank. Complete the Pledge Form and instructions will be sent immediately via email.
Bank/Wire Transfer to African Leadership Foundation (USA): African Leadership Foundation accepts funds through Citibank. Complete the Pledge Form and instructions will be sent immediately via email.
Check to African Leadership Foundation (USA): Complete the Pledge Form and instructions will be sent immediately via email.