Save the date!
26 - 28 June 2018
About the Decennial Indaba
We are bringing together our alumni, staffulty, and alumni staffulty to the African Leadership Academy (ALA) campus to celebrate the community we have built over the last 10 years and chart the course for ALA's future. ALA’s Indabas are gatherings for our ALA community; they provide the perfect opportunity for members of the network to reconnect with old friends, meet other members of our community who share their passions, and renew our focus on the African continent. As 2018 marks ALA's decennial year, we are hosting the biggest Indaba in ALA's history. The Decennial Indaba will be held on ALA's campus and will feature special guests and speakers.
The Decennial Indaba will be held on ALA's campus from the 26th to the 28th of June 2018 and will feature special guests and speakers.
We’ll cover food, accommodation, and all activity-related expenses for all alumni for the duration of the Indaba. As a participant, you’ll cover your transportation to and from the Indaba, and all non-program expenses like visa fees, flights, spending money etc.
However, if you are in dire need of financial support we have a limited pool of funds to support alumni attending the Decennial Indaba. Click on the button below to apply for financial aid.
See the checklist below to help you start planning
Below is a checklist to ensure you have all you need to join us at the Decennial Indaba:
1) Let us know you’re coming! Use the button above to RSVP.
2) Apply for a South African visa
- Learn about the General South African visa requirements here
- Please note the countries exempt from visa for South Africa
- Email email@example.com for a Letter of Invitation from ALA to help with your application.
3) Book your flight!
- The earlier you book your flight, the cheaper they are.
4) Tell all your friends you’re coming!