Co-founder and President of Jumpstart Academy Africa
- Madelle comes from Bameda, Cameroon.
- Madelle’s vision is to be a leading social entrepreneur, a mass recruiter of local change makers; a role model proving that citizens who channel their passion into action can do almost anything.
- At ALA, Madelle was a founding member of Duka Bora, the on-campus student-run tuck shop which is still in existence today.
- Madelle pursued her tertiary education at the London School of Economics (LSE) where she studied Law and Anthropology. She was the first ALA alumnus to graduate from university.
- She has interned with leading organizations such as Clifford Chance, Oliver Wyman, Standard Bank, Shearman and Sterling LLP, the London School of Economics and Teach First.
- She is the founder of Youths4Change, a youth-led community based organization focused on transforming African youths into agents of socio-economic change.
- Madelle the Co-founder and President of JumpStart Academy Africa, a for-impact venture which seeks to transform the face of education across the African continent.
- After graduating from LSE, Madelle participated in a month-long accelerator program for young entrepreneurs at Watson University to further develop her model for Jumpstart Acadermy, after which she returned to Cameroon to pursue Jumpstart Academy on a full-time basis.
- Madelle is a member of several global communities such as the Clinton Global Initiative University, Ashoka Changemakers and the Global Shapers Douala Hub of the World Economic Forum.
Video of Madelle at ALA’s Grand Opening, 2008
Forbes Article on Madelle – How Innovative Young Africans Are Fixing A Broken Education System